These can be caused by a various set of causes, for example, muscles strains, tendinopathy, arthritis, joint instability, hypermobility, ligament sprains and tears. This is particularly common among the working population, racket sports players, throwing sports players.
Each shoulder pain is unique to each individual but often has a similar underlying problem(s), such as rotator cuff weakness and poor sitting posture.
At Prohealth Sports and Spinal, our physiotherapists can assess your shoulder and provide treatments for immediate relief with mobilisation, soft tissue release and/or acupuncture, and more importantly, tailor an individualised home exercise programme to match your needs.
This will include patient education to empower you on how you can self-manage in long term and on how you can get back to your normal activity of daily living or sports.
Shoulder Pain Rehabilitation Programme
INITIAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
- Shoulder assessment (e.g. range of motion, power, motor control test, etc)
- Postural assessment
- Sports technique assessment
- Activity-modification advice specified for your conditions
- Education on your condition
SUBSEQUENT SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Manual therapy (e.g. mobilisation, soft tissue release, etc)
- Individualised exercise program for strengthening, flexibility and motor control
- Dry needling/Acupuncture (if applicable)
- Ongoing review and retesting objective measures and movement pattern
- Advice on return to norm or return to sports
- Education and advice on injury prevention strategy
COMMON SHOULDER CONDITIONS WE TREAT:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy
- Shoulder Impingement syndrome
- Subacromial bursitis
- Subcoracoid bursitis
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Biceps tendinopathy
- Shoulder arthritis (including OA, RA and other arthritis)
- Shoulder subluxation/Shoulder dislocation (instability)
- SLAP tear
- Biceps muscle tear
- Triceps muscle tear
- Clavicle fracture